OUR HISTORY

 

The town of Llandrindod Wells grew up as a spa town during the late Victorian era. Tabernacle Baptist Church was established in 1876 when the Rev. John Jones, Minister of the Rock Baptist Chapel some four miles north of Llandrindod town, saw the potential for a gospel witness in the quickly growing spa town. 

 

A replacement chapel was built in 1907 and this itself was replaced by a new, purpose-built facility in 1994.

Those who have served as Minister of Tabernacle Baptist Church, Llandrindod Wells over the years are listed in the table below:

It is believed that this photograph, showing the 1907 chapel, was taken some time between 1910 and 1920.